Total Pageviews

Monday, January 16, 2012

read the directions COMPLETELY you dolt!!

No, that isn't directed any any of my followers.  I was cruising right along on my lovely little dress and got ahead of myself.  Read how to stitch together the right sides of the dress (has a side zipper, left side, obviously) and I kept on going and stitched the left side together as well.

Hmmmmmm

Didn't think anything of it until I went to try on the bodice for fit....yeah, um, there were obstacles in the way, and unfortunately, their size is determined by genetics, so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. {sigh}  Fought with the bodice and manage to pull it down, and it looks quite nice.  Then came the struggle to get it back off again (took twice as long as getting it on), and a sit-down with my lovely purple seam ripper.  The left side has been separated and a zipper located, so I will attempt to get it finished tonight, though there will probably be quite a bit of cursing going on.

Then the hem, which (I hope) won't take long at all.  Pics WILL be posted shortly....if I don't make myself sick trying to finish this....sometimes I just need to slow the heck down and read everything completely and numerous times before starting off on a new venture....sheesh

No comments:

Post a Comment