Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Holidays storming through the sewing room....part 1

It has become a habit to make my youngest something special to wear on "holidays" such as Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day (and thanks to the school), Dr. Seuss' Birthday (yes, I know, not on a standard calendar, but when you have a child in elementary school......).  SO....first up is Valentine's Day.  My darling girl was given the option of either a skirt or a jumper (same options for St. Patrick's Day and Dr. Seuss' birthday) and chose a jumper from the fabric that I found on our last excursion to JoAnn fabrics.

This is the fabric: 

It's got little sparkles all over it as well, so definitely something that appealed to my girly girl...lol.  I wanted something quick and easy since I have contest entries that I'm also working on.  The end result was that I used the same pattern I used to make her tie-dye jumper, only this time I actually used the facings and such.  The end result is this:

Cute, sweet, and simple.

Today, while she's in art class, I'm hoping to get the Dr. Seuss skirt pinned together and get the St. Patrick's Day skirt cut out and pinned together.  I will post pictures of those as soon as I get them done.....but I also will be pinning sleeves into DHs flannel shirt and cutting out baby clothes for a friend, so please be patient...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment