Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A day of snow and sewing.....huh, yeah right

Ok, we were supposed to get snow today....this is the 3rd weekend they have said that.  So far, we've seen some flakes falling, but nothing consistent or steady.  However, in preparation for the potential accumulation (lol), I have gotten the Sunday paper, milk, and paper products.  As far as food for meals, we're good until early March....so yes, I was laughing at everyone trying to stock up on things.

However, now that I've run out and done the brief shopping, I have the whole day ahead of me and plans to spend as much as possible in the sewing room.

My plans for today (and as long as I get "some" of them done, I'll be happy) include:

-re-attaching a patch on a jacket for DH
-finishing the Dr. Seuss skirt for DD (still trying to find a trim that she likes, but will get it all the way to that point today, then will continue the trim hunt next week)
-pressing the fabric for my red dress and getting the pattern pieces out, pressed, and ready (yes, I press the wrinkles out of my pattern pieces)
-sewing up a ruffly jumper for the princess baby
-cutting out a romper for the princess baby
-getting the pattern pieces out for a sleep sack for the princess baby

That's what I'm aiming for today.  Oh, and the "princess baby" is the newborn daughter of a friend....who already had 2 boys and was REALLY hoping for a daughter this time...so lots of pinks and purples (mom's favorite color is purple, so I'm going to try to use a lot of that).

Of course, there's lunch and dinner to be had, so eventually I'll have to take a break....not to mention laundry to be done.  I promise to post pictures of the things that actually get finished...lol

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment