Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easter, wedding, table runner...balancing projects can be fun...lol

So, I finally got started on DDs Easter dress....then I couldn't find the zipper.  That derailed the project for a couple days, but I found it today, still in the bag from the store...lol.  So ok....I can get back to work on that, but in the meantime I have 2 customer projects now. 

One is a table runner for a friend...I'm making it reversible for her...pink and black zebra striped on one side, and black with pink and white flowers on the other. 

The other project is a pint-sized bolero for the daughter of a teacher at the elementary school.  Her daughter is going to be in a wedding next month, and given the odd weather, she wants to make sure that she has a jacket to wear over the sleeveless dress.  Oh, the little one wears 12-18 month clothing....yes, a child that young IN a wedding.  But...who am I to judge??  SO....found a pattern today and pulled 3 different yellow fabrics.  She loved the jacket design and chose the middle of the 3 shades.....the other 2 will be used for other projects.  I think I will use one to make a 3-pocket apron to hold my clothespins in when I hang out the laundry....better than a plastic bag...lol.

Have washed the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers fabrics...now to figure out what I want to make from them....thought pajama pants...Steelers for my son Ravens for me....but now I don't know.  Also have a few yards of Marvel SuperHero fabric that was going to be turned into pillowcases for all 4 of us.....projects backing up again, but things are settling down a bit around here, so hopefully I can work my way through them.

Happy sewing everyone (oh, and my Aspie boy made a point to ask if I would be teaching him about the sewing machine this summer/next school year)

No comments:

Post a Comment