Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's getting colder so.....

Let's make quilts!!

On Pattern Review, there is some chatter about doing jelly roll quilts - actually having a jelly roll race - in January.  I can't plan that far ahead...at least not with home schooling, holidays, trying to combine about 20 cookbooks into one...sheesh!  Instead, I decided to give it a try and see if I was even interested in how they would turn out.  I have one that is almost completely done - assembly, batting, backing, and quilting - and one that is just the top, which hasn't even been ironed yet.  Both have already been claimed by others.  However, it has been SO nice to have the extra layers on my lap as the weather gets colder.

I'm thinking that I'm going to rotate baking with quilting with working through my various patterns that I'd like to get finished before the kids outgrow them....productive, useful...yeah, th is seems right up my alley. :-)

Now, detergent update: So far, we've done 7 loads of laundry using the homemade detergent and there has been no real smell leftover, the clothing is clean and fresh, and yes, all the bits of Fels Naphtha dissolves in a cold water wash and cold water rinse.  I haven't even added any bleach to the laundry loads yet!!  WOOHOO.....looks like dishwasher soap will be the next thing I make, but since I just bought some, it will be a few weeks.  I'm also looking into making liquid dish soap for the things that we hand wash.

Today was another light baking day - sugar cookies.  Tomorrow will see a lot of bouncing back and forth because, since he has finished all of his classes to or beyond the halfway point, I'm giving my son a few days off from school.  However, tomorrow he has to write his essays for his scholarship merit badge.  I have to get to more sections of wall/ceiling with a second coat of spackling compound and finish caulking around the door.  I also have to finish quilting the first of the quilts and, hopefully, get the second one pinned out.  Oh, and did I mention that my son wants peanut butter blossom cookies??  Yeah, there's a lot to be done over the next few days.....fun fun

No comments:

Post a Comment