Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Status report

Not a whole lot of sewing going on around here.  We spent "Spring Break" installing the last bits of sheet rock in what will be DHs office, and the few pieces remaining for the garage ceiling.  Then we started mudding....phew....taught the kids how to deal with the nails while I worked on seams, and hubby worked on the heating duct work that the previous owners ended about 5 feet away from the wall....apparently they were going to run a gas line in there for yet another gas log fireplace (so far, we know of 3 places they were going to install them, but they never got around to it).

I did another table runner and pillow covers for a different friend, and finally got fed up with the plastic bag that was holding my clothespins, so I whipped out a 3-pocket half-apron....AND I got 2 loads of laundry done on the lines before it started looking like rain...woohoo....

Not sure what next project (sewing) will be, but I decided last night that I was going to re-draft the pattern that I used in my first home ec class - simple apron, 2 pieces - to fit both of my kiddos for when we start our cooking lessons this summer.

Will try to make regular posts from now on, and probably quite a few this summer as we progress through various sewing and cooking attempts and (hopefully) family field trips

No comments:

Post a Comment