Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 - new outlook, etc.

Etsy shop has been busy since Black Friday, which has been both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it means that people actually like my things, and a curse because I've got numerous packages to keep shipping out but I only make runs to the post office twice a week. Of course, there's also the taxes that I need to figure out for the last quarter of 2009...ugh.

However, I'm trying to stay positive and have a better outlook on life and everything that comes my way. I have my creative energy back and will be starting on new projects in the immediate future, some of which will be listed on Etsy, and some which will only be sold locally at the craft fairs. I have gotten several new patterns for more chic, updated wardrobe items for myself, and as much as I would like to be working on them now, I will delay starting them until late spring/early summer with the hope that I will have lost some weight and inches.

I'm working on getting an even tighter grip on the family finances, though the recent fabric purchases undermine that a bit. I'm hoping that we will be able to pay of Ken's car by the end of April as we will probably be looking for a new car for me near the end of the year - it would be nice to have extra money socked away in savings to put towards a down payment in addition to the trade in of my current car.

So, things are going to be more focused around here: focus on better eating, healthier living, more productivity. With any luck, there will be HUGE changes in the family life - more time together as a family, actually doing things together and enjoying the time together instead of bickering and being plugged in to electronic entertainment.

Onward and upward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment